THE GUARDIAN STORY

Liverpool Site - In the beginning

The origin of Guardian was a business trading as Graham G. Tomkins Timber Agent in 1958. In 1960 the business relocated to Orange Grove Road, Liverpool - in fact, the first industrial undertaking in that road - and the original factory building of timber was still standing until the year 2001. Within 2 years of commencement the indigenous timber agency was the largest of its type in Australia.